Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's Thoughts.

TGIF Ya'll!

I'm sitting here writing a "to-do" list and it's looking rather daunting. 

For a Friday at least. 

There are some things I've already checked off the list, like doing my p90x work out for the day and the mountain of dishes that were in my sink are now sparkling and set out to dry. But there are many, many other things that I need to finish this weekend. Working on one of my main secondary projects is a big one, completing necessary Peace Corps forms is another, and lesson plans need to be worked out for the next few weeks.  I would probably benefit from finishing the laundry sitting in piles on the floor-and I'm pretty sure those bed sheets I hung up to dry on MONDAY are, in fact, dried.

I've been sleeping in my sleeping bag all week...laziness at its finest.

I usually love writing to-do lists. I love being organized (ignore the fact I just said I have piles of laundry on the floor) and checking things off the list after I do them is rewarding. I think I get that from my mother. Speaking of lists-did I ever mention that during my childhood when we had snow days off from school my dad would write LISTS OF CHORES for each kid which were to be completed BEFORE WE WENT TO PLAY IN THE SNOW?!

At age 10...11...ok..16-that is a kind of list you never want to see.

Anyways, today I am struggling to get motivated about my list. Instead I'm focusing on some trips that are happening in the very near future-and I'm so excited I can't stand it. You KNOW that I get that itch to travel after a few months and after the winter that we just had, I'm ready. So here they are: my distractions for the day.

 LONDON: So excited to see my family there for EASTER! It's been almost a year since I've seen them and lets be real-can't wait to take the obligatory "Phone booth" photo. Adorable.

 MONTENEGRO: Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. Can't wait to go with my Romanian friends to this paradise in May.

 SANTORINI, GREECE: My absolute dream destination is going to happen this summer. I have been researching this place since I saw "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" (don't judge) and I cannot wait to see one of the most amazing sunsets in the world.

SALZBURG/VIENNA, AUSTRIA: Need I say more? Can't wait to see some of the most beautiful mountains in Europe, visit Mozart's birthplace, and take a billion pictures.

But for now, I think I'll try to get back to my to-do list while rocking out to Foo Fighters.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment