Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm Leaving, on a Jet Plane.

I might be a bit out of touch the next 3 weeks-I have some serious vacationing to do! Tomorrow, my sister and I will travel to London to meet up with our parents (who I haven't seen since July last year!) and we'll be touring around England for nine days. 

With my dad driving a rental car...

...on the opposite side of the street. 

We'll stay in foggy London town for a few days (just enough time to see all the important places and do all the important things, like take a picture in a phone booth and find Indian food.)


Then we'll head out to the countryside-the Cotswold area. I'm most excited about seeing these small villages and staying in sleepy Painswick for a few days. Isn't the countryside gorgeous!?


We'll also be staying in Bath, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, and poppin' by Stonehenge and Stratford Upon Avon. Fun will be had by all and I CAN"T WAIT to see my parents!!

Then I'll jet back to Romania real quick and meet up with Matt to tour around Maramures! This area of Romania is considered the most traditional area in the country. People still rock traditional costumes and there are beautiful wooden monasteries and gates. I'm pretty excited to ride (even maybe DRIVE?) a caruta (horse-drawn carriage) and see the Merry Cemetery. It is a famous for the blue wooden gravestones which have funny poems about the deceased written on the front.

 Basically we'll be about 1km from the border with Ukraine.

The famous wooden churches and the Merry Cemetery.

After touring Maramures we'll head back to Timisoara to meet up with Nick and Jessica, then we're off on an overnight train to Salzburg, Austria! 

So we'll see a little of this...

Then go see the spectacular view HERE...
Hitler's Eagle Nest, right across the border in Germany.

We'll then take a train to VIENNA.


Where there will be a lot of great food, great coffee, and beautiful sites for us to check out. 

I am so excited for the new few weeks I can barely stand it.

The adventure starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment