Saturday, March 31, 2012

England Adventures Day 1-LONDON

We've all arrived in England and the adventure has begun! With no rest for the weary, my sister and I met up with my parents at the airport, we checked into our hotel, and went straight into London to tour around. It. Is. BEAUTIFUL. Typical London weather (gray and chilly) but that didn't stop us from having a blast wondering around the city. It seems to be the perfect time to be here with the flowers blooming-spring has arrived in London!

We saw Westminster Abby, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, St. James Park, the Green Park, and even had some AMAZING fish and chips for lunch in a local pub. We conquered the Underground, or "tube" as they call it, and took tons and tons of pictures. Oh and my Dad drove a manual rental car on the wrong side of the road like a CHAMP. 

We're all exhausted but contemplating Indian food for dinner, because after two years without it I'm craving it something fierce. 
Part of my "goodies from home" package!! My parents know the way to my heart...peanut butter.

The Eye of London and part of the County Hall.

3/4 of the Hughletts in London.

Oh Big Ben.

I'm obsessed with the cute pubs and restaurants with boxed window plants.

Mom peeking around the flowers.

Random collection of cigarette boxes on the side of a house...smoke much?

Dad and I in front of Buckingham.

Sister/Sister! Buckingham Palace.

Gorgeous.

Parents and Daffodils.

Lol. Harold is loving this.

The biggest Pelicans I've ever seen.

Had to do it.
More to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment