Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V-Day!

Today I walked to school armed with Valentines Day cookies make from scratch the night before. That's right...I made sugar cookies AND icing from scratch! After creaming the butter and adding powdered sugar, adding the eggs and vanilla and mixing it for all its worth, all I could think when I was icing those little cookies was "Wow, I will never take icing in a can for granted again. Ever." Truthfully though, I'm a bit impressed at how they turned out so I brought them in for the teachers today.  Happy to report they were gone even before I could take a picture...success!
Ok mine weren't THIS gorgeous...
Today I was teaching 5th grade boys, and surprisingly they were excited about making heart valentines for the girls in their class (or their mother!). We started off creating paper hearts, I taught them the "Roses are red, violets are blue..." poem, and they were off running. Before I knew it, they were asking me "teacher! teacher! cum se spune 'inima mea este pentru tine'"which translates to "My heart is yours". These little 5th graders were writing the cutest things, ending the notes with "from your secret admirer" and decorating them with markers, glow in the dark pens (what!?) hearts and flowers. Each and every one was so proud of their creation, even the kids that never participate showed them off to me. It made me happy and it was a great start to the morning.

Wishing you all a wonderful day of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment