Sunday, May 13, 2012

To My Mom.

Taken in Guatemala, 2009
Dear Mom,  Happy Mother's Day! Sorry I can't be there to help you celebrate, so I'm celebrating you on my blog instead. 
Thank you for everything that you've done to support me-always.


 Thank you for traveling to the most remote areas of the world to visit me. Even if that means washing your hair and brushing your teeth in my rain bucket in rural Guatemala when no other water was available...


Guatemala, 2009.




 Thank you for always, and I do mean ALWAYS, encouraging me to follow my dreams. No matter how crazy they seem, or how far away from you they take me.
My mom and her friend Robin, who was fighting breat cancer.
















Thank you for showing me how to be a true friend-through thick and thin. The support and love you show to others inspire me. They are so blessed to call you their friend, and so am I.


4th of July, 2011-Back home for a visit!
 Thank you for always encouraging me to fly my freak flag on the 4th of July-there are never enough red, white, and blue accessories you can wear at one time. Never.

Stonehenge, April 2012.





Thank you for making trips of a lifetime possible.  From Ireland, to Hawaii, to England and every beach trip for years and years, these trips have meant so much to me. Amazing memories that noone could ever take away. Thank you for giving me TIME spent with you.
London, April 2012







Thank you (and Dad!) for being an amazing example of a healthy and happy marriage. I know that is hard to come by these days. I only hope that one day I'll be able to say "We've been married 36 years!" like you guys can. (and PS Happy Anniversary!)
The Outer Banks, NC. November 2009
 Thank you for letting me make mistakes and learn from them on my own. You were totally right about the bangs...


July 2011-Great Dane!


Thank you for letting us keep every pet we ever wanted. We have had dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, snakes, lizards, fish, and more. Heck-we even took that dead blow-fish home from the beach to use as a science experiment!  Thank you for buying me that hot pink leash and harness to walk my albino bunny. At age 10 I must have been the cool kid on the street-walking a rabbit. Ha!

Oh-and I will always be grateful to you for encouraging me to train llamas. It never ceases to get a laugh or incredulous look when I tell people I took llamas through an obstacle course. I love it!
At Kristin's wedding at UVA, summer 2009.










Thank you for always opening our home to my friends. Our house was always a safe, fun place to hang out and we had the best snacks. :) You've accumulated a lot of adoptive kids over the years and I'm so proud that my friends respect and love both you and Dad. 
Kristin's Wedding, Summer 2009.

  You are the most beautiful woman I know.

London-April 2012.

I love you so much mom!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute..from one beautiful woman to another! *sniffle*

    Aunt Laurel

    ReplyDelete