Saturday, September 17, 2011

Summer Adventures from my 10th Grade

So I had my 10th graders write a short story about their summer. They were told to be as creative as possible, and the story didn't necessarily have to be true. The catch was that they were to write the first sentence, then pass their paper to the next person who adds to the story. Then the third person, and so one. At the end, the story is usually hilarious and this time I wasn't disappointed. I told them to start with the following sentence: "This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY!" Some of the stories flowed, some of them-not so much. Here are my favorites. (I changed some of the spelling/grammar mistakes so that you could read them a bit more easily...)

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I was on holiday with my friends. I visited my grandparents and my old friends. I went to a girl! Awesome! I have a girlfriend! I have a girlfriend! I am...like a falling star...oh my god! I love it! She's hot! I ate very much in this summer. I bought a big bear, it is nice. Summer time is beautiful." -started by Elena

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I rode my bike. I have alot of troubles with my girlfriend..she doesn't want to go to the disco with me and my motorbike...aaaaa!! I went shopping and i lost all my money. I met a beautiful boy....I fell in love. It's fun and it makes me happy. I ate many, many peaches and I drank 3 liters of water a day...and you know what happened after that...crazy!" -started by Alexandru 

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I was baking a big cake and I couldn't get it out from the oven. I got spooked and it started to smell like burned hair, and I was very scared because the smell was very strong. Then, I threw up. I threw the cake into the bathroom and the smell disappeared. After that i went and smoked a lot of weed. I climbed into a tree and I fell into a lake with water snakes." -started by Amalia

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I was at a wedding and I had a drinking contest with a friend, and I won. I want to drink too! But I won't! This is such a crazy story that I don't understand anything." -started by Costi 

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I want to go to another country. London, UK! What do you think? Yes, I do think that is good, but Hawaii is an even better idea for a holiday! At the end of my summer I went to Las Vegas and lost a lot of money." -started by Alexandru

 "This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! We saw a bear who was chasing us for more than an hour. We just ran and ran and were scared, and then we ran into a vampire. I fought with the vampire and I broke his arm. Then we played football. I went home and stayed in bed, I fell asleep with the doors and windows open." -started by Diana

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I was in Arad at my grandmother's and I broke a window. But it was good because I didn't break the window with my ball, I broke it with my hand! :) I like facebook! :)" -started by Luciana

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I went to Oltenia to meet my grandparents. After I saw my grandparents I went to Felix. Then I went to the sea and I almost drowned in the sea because I didn't know how to swim. After that I started to run half-naked home, through the woods and I had the impression someone was chasing me. After that I went home and went shopping. And to see a movie." -started by Alexandru

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! In this summer I was in Herculane and I did alot of swimming even though I don't know how to swim. Afterwards, I went to a pizza restaurant and I ate 2 pizzas and 4 colas. And I ate a lot of fruit. I like pizza and in this summer I ate pizza every Saturday. I eat a lot of canned food." -started by Sami

AND FINALLY:

"This summer was the best summer of my life, but it was CRAZY! I was shopping and a car hit me. Then I woke up in a hospital. When I saw where I was I screamed and the doctors put me with the crazy people. I make friends there and I tried to escape with the crazy people. I escaped but the police saw me and caught me and put me in a horrible room with rats. And the rats had babies and they made a horrible noise." -started by Laura
Just some of my creative 10th graders.


No comments:

Post a Comment