Thursday, December 16, 2010

Silent Night

Tonight I went to my school's Christmas concert and listened to my students sing, play music, and act the story of the Nativity.  As I struggled to make out the Romanian words to the carols, all of a sudden one of my students started singing Silent Night in English.  The whole crowd grew silent and listened in awe as her beautiful voice filled the auditorium.  The words almost brought me to tears and I remembered my family and friends back home, preparing for the holidays. But as she continued singing I felt this awesome sense of peace.  It was one of those affirmation moments, those "you are exactly where you're supposed to be, right here, right now" moments that I love so much. They happen to me a lot here in Romania and I treasure each and every one.  They make me feel alive.

Christmas is coming...and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment